Click to Zoom
Teacher and Educator Resources
Circle of Jewish Life
Time: 14-20 class sessions
Format: full-color text book
Click on the Teacher and Educator Resources link for additional resources.
|If available use the pull-down below to see other materials
that are bought along with this item.
|The Circle of Jewish Life
- Empower students to meaningfully participate in the broad range of Jewish lifecycle events.
- Every chapter includes traditional texts, full scripts of lifecycle ceremonies, art projects, and stories.
- Focus on diversity of Jewish life, with elements that address adoption, divorce, gay marriage, and mourning.
- Chapters on lifelong Jewish learning, aging, and conversion push learning about the Jewish lifecycle beyond brit milah, b’nai mitzvah, and weddings.
Lifecycle is important because it is a place where our students will encounter Judaism in real life. They will all celebrate weddings, have bar or bat mitzvah, and will face funerals. It is in those moments that the Jewish tradition can be a rich resource and make a difference. In order for that to happen they need two things: (1) They need to know the dance steps. That includes knowing the names, prayers, rituals, and vocabulary associated with a particular lifecycle event. But also (2) they need to have a sense of its meaning, of the values it actualizes, of the way it connects the Eternal to real life experience. The Circle of Jewish Life is the only lifecycle resource that enables both of these.Joel Grishaver b'nai bnai bar bat mitzvah lifecycles funeral brith consecration
This is a Lifecycle book for the new millennium; one that describes Jewish life in the ways that our students actually experience. The book is divided into the following sections:
It contains both texts and activities. It enters areas where you need to go, ones that you’ve never had a resource for before: conversion, adoption, divorce, the meaning of growing old and more. The book is rich in Jewish texts, stories, and opportunities not only learn the vocabulary of the Jewish lifecycle but to enter into its concepts as well. Make meaning out of the Jewish Life cycle!
- The Circle of Life Birth: Entering the Covenant
- Torah Events
- Growing Old
Click here if you would like to watch the video intro for teachers and educators.