Home / Content of Their Character: Hevruta (Friendship)
Grades: 6-Adult Content of Their Character lessons offer students a definition and text study of Jewish values with practical applications. Each of these lesson folders contains material for three to four forty-five-minute classroom sessions.
Content of their Character: Hevruta focuses on
- Friendships are relationships that bring much to a person but also come with challenges.
- Judaism has some insights that help to give friendships meaning and that help people work successfully on friend-ships.
- The intimacy of friendships sometimes becomes the thing that causes problems.
- Judaism has a unique idea of friendship, the Hevruta, the power of studying with a friend.
*When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher guide is not included.
There are Content of Their Character lessons on the following topics.
- Erekh Apayim: Slow To Anger
- Hevruta: Friendship
- Habed et Avikha v'et Imekha: Honoring Parents
- Pikuah Nefesh
- Rodef Shalom
- Shmirat ha-Lashon
- Tikkun Olam
- Tokhehah: Rebuke
- Tza'ar Ba'alei Hayyim: Being Kind to Animals
- V'Ahavta L'Re'ekha K'Mokha: Love your Neighbor as Yourself