Home / Content of Their Character: Tikun Olam (Repairing the World)
Grades: 6-Adult Content of Their Character lessons offer students a definition and text study of Jewish values with practical applications. Each of these lesson folders contains material for three to four forty-five-minute classroom sessions.
- The work of God’s creation is incomplete.
- Human actions can make a difference in the world.
- Jews have created communal institutions in order to benefit
- larger numbers of people.
- The prayerbook is intended to constantly remind worshippers
- of their need to partner with God in working toward
- improvements in broken parts of the world.
- Mitzvot are the Jewish tools for world repair.
*When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher guide is not included.
There are Content of Their Character lessons on the following topics.
- Erekh Apayim: Slow To Anger
- Hevruta: Friendship
- Habed et Avikha v'et Imekha: Honoring Parents
- Pikuah Nefesh
- Rodef Shalom
- Shmirat ha-Lashon
- Tikkun Olam
- Tokhehah: Rebuke
- Tza'ar Ba'alei Hayyim: Being Kind to Animals
- V'Ahavta L'Re'ekha K'Mokha: Love your Neighbor as Yourself