Home / Content of Their Character: Tokhehah-Rebuke
Grades: 6-Adult Content of Their Character lessons offer students a definition and text study of Jewish values with practical applications. Each of these lesson folders contains material for three to four forty-five-minute classroom sessions.
This unit is made up of nine discrete learning activities. Each is designed to take between ten minutes and an entire fifty-five minute school hour. As a teacher you will need to make some choices about how much depth you will go into each section and whether all pieces will be used.
- Big Ideas
- Rebuke is a mitzvah. It is a way of helping others. It must
- be done in a way that causes the least possible embarrassment.
- God holds us responsible for helping others act well.
- Rebuking is a skill. With practice and reflection one can
- learn how to do it well.
- The story of Nathan rebuking King David is a model of one
- perfect way of rebuking.
- There are good and bad ways of rebuking.
*When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher guide is not included.
There are Content of Their Character lessons on the following topics.
- Erekh Apayim: Slow To Anger
- Hevruta: Friendship
- Habed et Avikha v'et Imekha: Honoring Parents
- Pikuah Nefesh
- Rodef Shalom
- Shmirat ha-Lashon
- Tikkun Olam
- Tokhehah: Rebuke
- Tza'ar Ba'alei Hayyim: Being Kind to Animals
- V'Ahavta L'Re'ekha K'Mokha: Love your Neighbor as Yourself