Home / Journeys: Shabbat At Home
Grades: 3-7 Journeys Through the Siddur is our one or two day a week prayer track. Each volume has twenty-two to twenty-four lessons, making it easy to complete. The lessons have a clear and overt learning structure, making lessons simple to use. The Home Workbook and websites facilitate ongoing drill and mastery during the long week when no other reinforcement is possible.
Journeys Through the Siddur is a series of four volumes organized by the time of the prayer service. In four volumes your students will study prayers from the Evening, Morning, Torah Service & Concluding prayers and home Brakhot. Each prayer comes with:
- An introduction that sets the prayer’s theme and locates it in the structure of the Siddur.
- A drill text and translation that is a source for the unit.
- Key roots that build a language connection.
- Practice in sounding out key words and phrases to help build fluency.
- The opportunity to translate a short portion of the prayer builds a further language connection.
- A story that offers an insight into the prayer’s spiritual meaning.
Journeys Through the Siddur: Shabbat at Home introduces the prayers and blessings of Shabbat home ritual.