Home / S'fatai Tiftah: Siddur Mastery & Meaning Volume 2
Grades: 4-5 S’fatai Tiftah: Mastery & Meaning is a three-volume series designed to teach prayer mastery and meaning. The three volumes take students though the major sections of a Shabbat morning service—from Barekhu through the concluding prayers.
S’fatai Tiftah has been designed to teach prayer mastery and meaning and to enable students to successfully achieve four major goals:
- to perform basic prayers.
- to develop a generalized understanding.
- to explore personal meaning.
- to understand how Hebrew is constructed.
Each prayer has:
- An introduction that sets the prayer’s theme and locates it in the service.
- A drill text and translation that is a source for the unit.
- Key roots that build a language connection.
- Practice in sounding out key words and phrases to help build fluency.
- The opportunity to translate a short portion of the prayer that builds a further language connection.
- A story that offers an insight into the prayer’s spiritual meaning.
Each volume is supported by a collection of materials.
- Home Workbook allows students to drill and reinforce class at home with a website that support the Home Workbook.
- Classroom Workbook filled with additional activities and drill opportunities.
- Page-for-page Teacher’s Guide with insights, background, and activities.
- Vocabulary Posters and Flashcards to work with the language elements in this curriculum.
- S’fatai Tiftah works best for students in classes that meet two or more days a week.
S’fatai Tiftah, Volume 2 covers:
- Avot v’Imahot
- K’dushat Ha-Yom (V’Shamru)
- Sim Shalom, Shalom Rav
- Oseh Shalom
- L’kah Dodi
- Shalom Aleikhem
- Birkat ha-Mazon