Home / Content of Their Character: Anavah (Humility)
Grades: 6-Adult Content of Their Character lessons offer students a definition and text study of Jewish values with practical applications. Each of these lesson folders contains material for three to four forty-five-minute classroom sessions.
Content of their Character: Anahav focuses on
- Being humble is a core Jewish virtue.
- staying humble is a lifelong task.
- Moses was one of the great biblical exemplars of Jewish humility.
- hillel was one of the great rabbinic exemplars of Jewish humility.
- The Hineni prayer on Yom Kippur is a perfect example of humility in the liturgy.
- humility is a balancing act. it is not having low self-esteem; it is not the absence of ego, but rather a moderation of the
*When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher guide is not included.
There are Content of Their Character lessons on the following topics.
- Erekh Apayim: Slow To Anger
- Hevruta: Friendship
- Habed et Avikha v'et Imekha: Honoring Parents
- Pikuah Nefesh
- Rodef Shalom
- Shmirat ha-Lashon
- Tikkun Olam
- Tokhehah: Rebuke
- Tza'ar Ba'alei Hayyim: Being Kind to Animals
- V'Ahavta L'Re'ekha K'Mokha: Love your Neighbor as Yourself