Home / T’fillati—Making Prayer Mine: V'ahvata
Grades: 4–6 T’fillati-Making Prayer Mine is a new way to help students look at personal meaning in individual prayers. While it is an important goal for learners to be able to decode liturgy and fully participate in a worship service, it is equally or even more important for worshippers to connect with the meaning of each prayer.
T’fillati-Making Prayer Mine guides students to explore personal connections to the central ideas of prayers, in addition to Torah and Midrash, to help them forge connections with the words of our liturgy.
Sign up and become a member of the T'illati Exclusive Insiders Club and gain early access to full copies of the T'fillati lessons— not just sample pages. Click here to sign up and join the Insiders club . As an added benefit you will also get a special discount code good for for 35% off all T'fillati lessons.
20% off on T'fillati orders before July 31st coupon code: exploretfillati
Students using T'fillati will have the opportunity to
- find ways to manifest Jewish values
- explore the concept of “brit”
- connect the choreography of the prayers with personal meaning
- consider the notion that God has always helped us and will continue to help us
- examine the apparent contrast between the Oneness of God and acknowledging that everyone will have different ideas about God
- create new versions of liturgy
- record conversations with God
Liturgy will come off the page and into the hearts and minds of your students.
Eight prayers (Barekhu, Shema, V'Ahavta, Mi Khamokha, Avot v'Imahot, Gevurot, K'dushah, Torah Blessings) will be available in August. Each lesson is sold in packs of five copies per title.
The first eight T'fillati lessons include the following prayers:
T'fillati: Mi Khamokha
T'fillati: Avot V'Imahot
T'fillati: Torah Blessings