Home / Whole School Hanukkah 1: Symbols of Hanukkah
Grades: 1-2 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Hanukkah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Hanukkah
- Grade 3–4: Return of the Junkyard Menorah
- Grade 4–5: Hanukkah Blessings
- Grade 5–6: Hanukkah Food
- Grade 6–7: The Art of the Hanukkiyah
- Grade 7–8: Three Hanukkah Problems
The Symbols of Hanukkah will explore the ritual objects and symbols of Hanukkah. These are the Hanukkiyah, the Dreidle, Latkes, Sufganiot and Gelt.