The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
In this lesson we are teaching the students about the history of the foods we eat on Hanukkah. We discuss why certain foods are eaten in different parts of the world during Hanukkah. At the end of this lesson there are recipes for you to cook with your students. This will help for them to gain the understanding of the oil as part of the celebration of Hanukkah.
- Grade 1–2: Hanukkah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Hanukkah
- Grade 3–4: Return of the Junkyard Menorah
- Grade 4–5: Hanukkah Blessings
- Grade 5–6: Hanukkah Food
- Grade 6–7: The Art of the Hanukkiyah
- Grade 7–8: Three Hanukkah Problems