Home / Whole School High Holiday 5: Holiday Foods
Grades: 5-6 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: High Holiday Symbols
- Grade 2–3: High Holiday Stories
- Grade 3–4: High Holiday Season
- Grade 4–5: High Holiday Prayers & Blessings
- Grade 5–6: High Holiday Foods
- Grade 6–7: Art of the Greeting Card
- Grade 7–8: Did Darth Vader Repent?
- Teacher Guide
Foods are an integral part of a Jewish holiday celebration. It is a mitzvah to eat a meal, called a se’udah, after a celebration. On Rosh ha-Shanah, and even on Yom Kippur, food is there to help us welcome in a new year. In this lesson students will learn about food rituals and the food associated with these holidays. Includes recipes.
When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies as you need for your school and only your school.
Materials that are downloaded are not returnable.
Teacher Guide not included.