Grades: 4-5 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
Numbers have a lot of significance in Judaism: 7 days of the week, 7 days of creation, 7 laws of Noah, 7 blessings at a wedding, 4 seasons, 4 species, 10 commandments, 10 Plagues, 10 generations between Adam and Noah and 40 years in the desert and 40 days at Sinai. During Passover numbers also play a key role. In this lesson the students will learn about the significance of the number 4 as well as learn the 4 questions.
- Grade 1–2: Passover Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Passover
- Grade 3–4: Two Passover Stories
- Grade 4–5: Mastering the Four Questions
- Grade 5–6: Passover Foods
- Grade 6–7: The Art of Passover
- Grade 7–8: Fifteen Steps to Freedom