Home / Whole School Simhat Torah 1: Simhat Torah Symbols
Grades: 1-2 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Kimhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of The Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays
Simhat Torah celebrates the ending of the Torah cycle and the beginning of the cycle again—without a break. The ceremony includes seven processions around the synagogue, called hakafot. Singing and dancing with the Torah is the hallmark of Simhat Torah.