Home / Whole School Simhat Torah 1: Simhat Torah Symbols
Grades: 1-2 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Kimhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of The Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays
Simhat Torah celebrates the ending of the Torah cycle and the beginning of the cycle again—without a break. The ceremony includes seven processions around the synagogue, called hakafot. Singing and dancing with the Torah is the hallmark of Simhat Torah.
When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher Guide not included.