Home / Whole School Simhat Torah 3: The Flying Letters
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Simhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of The Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays
This Simhat Torah lesson is based on a folktale by David Einhorn. The core of the story is that the letters of a sefer Torah fly off a selfish town’s Torah and move to the blank scroll of a town that really acted out the Torah and took care of other people. The essence of this story is the idea that Torah is a way to live; its essence is about our behavior. Rather than seeing the Torah solely as a religious icon, we learn that it is supposed to have a impact on our ethics.
When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher Guide not included.