Home / Whole School Simhat Torah 4: End & Beginning of the Torah
Grades: 4-5 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Simhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of the Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays
The last verse in the Torah and the first verse are connected by Simhat Torah’s commitment to return to the beginning without pause. These two verses frame the Torah and are worth knowing by heart. In this lesson we are going to look at these two verses in Hebrew and make them our friends.