The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
Simhat Torah is the celebration of the weekly Torah readings. It is the Torah reading of Torah readings. The essence of the Torah reading is the process of being “called up” to the Torah. This actually involves a series of subtle behaviors that we are going to make clear.
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Simhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of the Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays