Home / Whole School Tu B'Shvat 2: The Four High Holidays
Grades: 2-3 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Tu B'Shvat Celebrations
- Grade 2–3: The Four High Holidays
- Grade 3–4: Honi The Circle Maker
- Grade 4–5: Tree Blessings
- Grade 5–6: Tu B'Shvat Food
- Grade 6–7: Tu B'Shvat Seder
- Grade 7–8: A Day in the Life of a Verse
Whole School Tu B'Shvat 2: The Four High Holidays will explore the four different types of Roshei Shanah that are celebrated throughout the Jewish year. We find the source for this is the Talmud section Rosh Hashanah. We will also discuss the significance of trees in the Bible and trees during the time of the Temple.