Home / Whole School Tu B'Shvat 4: Tree Blessings
Grades: 4-5 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Tu B'Shvat Celebrations
- Grade 2–3: The Four High Holidays
- Grade 3–4: Honi The Circle Maker
- Grade 4–5: Tree Blessings
- Grade 5–6: Tu B'Shvat Food
- Grade 6–7: Tu B'Shvat Seder
- Grade 7–8: A Day in the Life of a Verse
This unit is the weaving together of two diverse sections. One part consists of two quotations from the Talmud (and one from Rabbi Ariyeh Kaplan) that help us to understand the importance of fruits and vegetables in the Jewish tradition. The other part is a chance to master the Hebrew blessings that are said over various fruits and vegetables.