Home / Whole School Simhat Torah 6: Dressing the Torah
Grades: 6-7 The Whole-School Holiday lessons make up a spiral curriculum, in which each lesson focuses on a different aspect of Jewish holiday, value, or key subject. With some exceptions, Whole School Holiday lessons are built around a matrix that allows students to have an unique experience each year.
- Grade 1–2: Simhat Torah Symbols
- Grade 2–3: The Story of Simhat Torah
- Grade 3–4: The Flying Letters
- Grade 4–5: End & Beginning of the Torah
- Grade 5–6: How to Have an Aliyah to the Torah
- Grade 6–7: Dressing the Torah
- Grade 7–8: Why Two Torah Holidays
The not-so-secret truth is that the garments of the Torah are modeled on the garments of the High Priest. While the High Priest was the center of the service in the Temple, the Torah is the center of our Shabbat (day) services today. The message here is that when we changed modern Jewish life to include the synagogue, we replaced the role of the High Priest with the Sefer Torah.
When you purchase this lesson you will be provided with a link to download the lesson. Make as many copies of this lesson as you need for your school and only your school. Materials that are downloaded are not returnable. Teacher Guide not included